Information Systems Analyst
HostedBizz is Canada’s fastest growing privately owned Cloud Infrastructure and Service Provider (published by Canadian Business Magazine). If you are as passionate about customer service delivery as we are – then come join us!
We are looking for a motivated individual with a solid awareness of IT and IS technology and a drive to help our customers enjoy the best cloud and IT experience possible. HostedBizz offers and exciting work environment with the opportunity to interface with our customers using advanced cloud technologies and learn from a brilliant team of senior system administrators and cloud architects.
The Information Systems Analyst (ISA) at HostedBizz will be dedicated to supporting a single small enterprise customer. The position is responsible to improve the efficiency of currently deployed applications and programs that hold large amounts of transactional data. This includes working with senior management to analyze business requirements, develop new solutions as well as working with the applications team to implement these to reach business objectives. The ISA reports to and, works in conjunction with HostedBizz’s Business Analyst to establish direction for the customer’s automation efforts, serves as a resource for information technology management tasks, and assists with process development in designing support duties, installation, and validation of new systems.
The ISA role is responsible for conducting system analysis and providing technology project leadership. The main duties include coordinating operational procedures related to information systems that support internal users and client services. Key responsibilities include programming technical solutions that improve the efficiency of current IS processes and integrations with applications that support service delivery to clients.
- Oversee and maintain responsibility for the implementation and performance of all technology initiatives.
- Establishes current and long-term technology objectives, plans and strategies for approval by the CEO and in cooperation with senior management colleagues.
- Provides input for technical vision and plans for implementation of new technology and upgrade of existing technology.
- Develop a strong understanding of installed systems and technology options including:
- Client/Member management system
- Client dashboard and its application set
- Dashboard Security and risk management system
- Compliance application
- Reporting tools
- Others as required.
- Provide operational and process-related analysis and support presenting and explaining system design, process/data charts to obtain business inputor buy-in.
- Provide easier access to key information by performing complex data queries.
- Communicating with other teams to resolve technology issues and implement change control as required.
- Work closely with stakeholders to determine enhancements and solutions, assessing the impact to existing work processes and systems, and pinpoint how to manage integration.
- Team lead overseeing maintenance of external and internal applications and evaluating system capabilities to improve processes and workflows.
- Provide oversight and assist Senior Application Developer and Support with software vendors to ensure the application is functioning at optimum levels.
- Oversee QA testing of new processes, workflows, forms, reports prior to roll-out and on an ongoing basis.
- Analyze and document business requirements and design IS solutions to meet or exceeds the requirements.
- Recommend new or improved solutions as needed.
- Develop automated solutions to improve overall efficiency internally.
- Coordinate multi departmental teams in the selection or improvement of internal software and integrated information systems.
- Develop training & support plans for staff on new processes, ensure documentation (manuals, etc.) is created and available.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or a related field is required for this position. Relevant experience in programming and in a similar analysis capacity is generally required or preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years Information Systems Analyst or similar role with team leadership experience
- Advanced analytical skills and pay strong attention to detail, as well as be able to multitask on a variety of co-occurring technology projects.
- Strong interpersonal/Customer Service Skills
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- The ability to communicate in both a technical and non-technical manner.
- Strong PC Hardware / Software problem solving skills.
- Multiplatform disciplined, with experience work with Microsoft Windows, Mac OS/X, Linux/UNIX
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft’s .NET development framework (with a focus on C# and MS SQL) is an asset
- Strong experience in user testing and troubleshooting
- Proficient in MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio
- Experience managing multiple departments use business systems (CRM, ERP etc.)
- Ability to train and develop others.
- Ability to lead and take ownership of projects with minimal supervision
- Problem solving & creativity
- SSO knowledge an asset
- Knowledge of organized association management is an asset.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com