Plan ahead using Expert Tools and Advice
Planning a move to the cloud? We provide our partners and customers with the tools and expertise they need to successfully map out a solid data migration plan. Of course, in addition to planning what data goes to your cloud, we help you keep it secure.
Calculating the period of time required to transfer data to the cloud is instrumental in building out a detailed data migration plan. Therefore, we’ve created a simple tool that offers a drag-and-click approach to help understand the time required to move large files around a network.
Be Prepared: Your Move to the Cloud
Developing a cloud migration plan takes thought and consideration. Your organization has unique needs, and those must be reflected in choosing a cloud hosting solution.
First, identify the short, medium, and long-term motivations for moving to the cloud.
Prioritize your Motivations
Know what matters to your technology migration most, and what can wait. Speak with your MSP (Managed Service Provider) or contact our experience cloud mapping team and we can go through the plan in detail with you.
Many of our clients prioritize the following:
- Cost reduction
- Infrastructure upgrade and reliability
- Application availability
- Risk mitigation
- Improved customer experience
Evaluate your IT Team
Understand how your current IT team uses their time. Identify the gaps in your team, and how a provider might help fill those gaps.
You’ll need an expert provider that understands your goals, your team, and your capacity for change management.
Choose a Cloud Provider that Meets your Unique Needs
To ensure a provider meets your needs, take the following actions.
- Review a prospective provider’s technology offering. How frequently do they upgrade their offering?
- Understand the provider’s infrastructure. What’s their approach to compliance and data protection?
- Ask questions about development practices. How much time do they require to make changes to your cloud solution?
- Inquire about solutions provided. This can also help you understand the team you’re hiring – not just the products they use.
- Look into service level agreements (SLA). Ensure they meet your regularity and reporting requirements. How frequently does the provider back backup copies of your data? What is the downtime tolerance?
- Review accepted payment structures and service bundles. Look to maximize your budgeting efficiencies.
- Consider the provider’s risk management policies, audit compliance record and vulnerability analysis. Data security is paramount to businesses of all sizes.
MIGRATION TO THE CLOUD: TAKE A LONG VIEW
Careful consideration of a prospective cloud provider ensures your small business will maximize its technology spend.
The ideal cloud solutions provider will offer expertise, experience and a wide range of infrastructure. You understand your business requirements – make sure you communicate these to a prospective provider. Ensure you are 100% satisfied with the infrastructure and the proposed service offering.
If you’re looking for expert advice on your move to the cloud, HostedBizz offers a professional planning service and a wide range of cloud solutions. Get in touch today for more information!